Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Morning Beauty Regime

  Hello Beauties! How is everyone?

  Today, I thought I would talk about skin care products. What exactly should we be doing in the morning after hitting the alarm button six times to turn it off (not that I would know what thats like. Ahem). Skin care very day is really important for healthy, glowing skin. So, I decided to show you what I use everyday. This is a pretty basic skin care regime and can be added to. 

  1. Washing Your Face

  This is something that should be done everyday, morning and night, though I don't wash my face at night. *Bows head shamefully.* I have a type of dermatitis, which causes ugly, dry patches to pop up on my face whenever it feels like it. So, I have to use a really gentle face soap. Cetaphil Gentle Skin Cleanser is literally the only thing I tried that didn't irritate the dermatitis. They have a great line of skin care products that range from very gentle to deep cleansing. 



  2. Exfoliating
  This is something that is very important for your face. All our faces build up layers of dead skin cells over time. Unless we remove these, our skin starts to look dull and lifeless. Also, bacteria starts building  up and can cause breakouts. Yuck! So, to avoid these horrible catastrophes, exfoliating is the way to go. I use a Walnut Sponge from Swisspers that can be purchased at any local drug store for about $2. I only exfoliate once a week, but you can do it 2-3 times a week depending on you skin type. I wouldn't recommend doing it more than that, as it can dry out you skin.



  3. Moisturizing
  After washing your face and exfoliating (if it's exfoliating day), you need to put back the moisture you've taken out. Enter facial moisturizer. Now, I'm not trying to be cheap, but I've tried the really expensive brands of moisturizer and they either broke my skin out or they dried my skin out (go figure), or they irritated it really badly. Once again, I bring you back to the wonderful world of Cetaphil. That brand is just the best. I use their Moisturizing Lotion for all skin types and it works really well. If you tend to break out when you use moisturizer, check to see if the lotion contains sunscreen. Sunscreen has a lot of oils in it and can be a little harsh on the face. I can't use it for said reason.



  4. Eye Cream
  And last but not least, we have to take care of our eyes. This is the area where I splurge. Bobbi Brown is my favorite make line to use and she has several great eye creams. The one I use is Extra Eye Repair Cream. It is a little bit expensive. I'm actually using a sample right now, but it is lasting for a while. I would definitely suggest you try it. It's super hydrating but also really light. And it's great primer for your eye concealer.



  I hope this was helpful for you. Again, this is a very basic morning routine. What do you like to use in the morning?

2 comments:

  1. I use the Lancome foam face wash because it great for my sensitive skin and smell so clean. For moisturizer and eyes I use Regenerist brand. Although I'm finding it a bit harsh for my skin right now.

    ReplyDelete

Powered by Blogger.